Saturday, July 23, 2011

Gosh it feels like forever...

Things have been on and off crazy. For a while there I did nothing, blessed absolute laziness. Then the real world called, they wanted my ass back! Then, reality came knocking on the door and told me I had a VERY limited amount of time to get my things together and just go....so now, the growing up begins. I'm gainfully employed now, technically by two separate entities, though I'll only be full time at one. I'm finally moving, although not to where I wanted to, but the truth is I'm OUT OF HERE and almost free of the pit of despair that is living in subsidized housing.

  The things they say about living in a place like this are true, its awful. You get sucked into this self perpetuating cycle, which is hard to break. This is especially true of someone like myself, who still really isn't sure how to make it in the "real" world. All I know is that sometimes you have to hit bottom to truly learn your lessons and appreciate your life, and I know I'm seeing that first hand. All I can hope for is that in three or four months life is different, and not entirely miserable. I know these next few weeks are going to be HARD. I say this for many reasons, all of them valid, but I'm ready to get this over with. I guess that is one positive thing that can be said of me....I don't put off the inevitable, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment